The Breeders' Cup is a great event for fans of race statistics. Now part of the global racing scene for 30 years, the Breeders' Cup tests virtually every type of thoroughbred from sprinter to stayer and of course, over two very different surfaces and turf and dirt.
And, despite the very clear programme of races which is transferred from year-to-year, the nature of the Breeders' Cup leaves plenty of scope for variables as the event switches from track to track, east coast to west coast, bringing contrasting conditions very much to the fore. Kentucky in October is, for example, a very different place to California at the same time of year.
Here, we've analysed the trends behind the Breeders' Cup together with important betting stats for those looking to go heavy on a short-priced runner or two. To get started, just select a race from the list below.
- Friday 4th November
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (Grade 1)
- Las Vegas Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (Grade 1)
- Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (Grade 1)
- Saturday 5th November
- 14 Hands Winery Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Filly And Mare Turf (Grade 1)
- TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (Grade 1)
- Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile (Grade 1)
- Longine Breeders' Cup Turf (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Filly And Mare Sprint (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Mile (Grade 1)
- Breeders' Cup Classic (Grade 1)