LAST YEAR'S WINNER - GAME WINNER
- Trainer: Bob Baffert
- Jockey: Joel Rosario
- Owner: West, Gary And Mary
- Odds: Evs
- Betting Stats
- Favourites: 1/8 (12.5%) | Level stake loss -71.3%
- Odds on Favs: None
- Median winning price: 11/1
Watch the 2019 Breeders’ Cup at Santa Anita live on Sky Sports Racing (Sky 415 | Virgin 535) on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November.
Although only one favourite has succeeded out west, five of the others took the runner-up spot and another took the show dough, something worth bearing in mind for your exotic play.
Run record and class clues
Although Good Magic hadn’t won a race before he collected this division, he did arrive at Del Mar with an excellent 2nd placed effort in the Champagne G1 at Belmont. Other than him, three of the winners already had a G1 to their name but against that, three others only had a maiden or allowance score to their name.
Five winners arrived as shippers with the other three coming from local handlers. Four of them had won their prior race with the other four posting in the frame efforts.
All run styles have been successful in the Juvenile and this is another race where consideration of the likely pace profile when the field has been assembled will prove beneficial.
There is not a long run to the first turn at Santa Anita and post position from the middle to inside has generally been the place to be.
- Pay close attention to the market.
- Studying the pace profile should pay dividends.
- Prefer runners in the inner post positions.
- Cast your net wide when considering class requirements.
- Include runners with strong recent form as contenders.